The Innovation Day is an event that is organized every 12 weeks. The main goal is to stimulate innovation and to show all the ongoing innovation initiatives on what is called as the innovation carrousel. An innovation carrousel is a market place where Innovation Teams, Innovators, Business Owners demonstrate their validated hypotheses, delivered value, Minimum Viable Products etc. Visitors walk around to watch the demos they prefer, to provide feedback and to interact with others.
During the Innovation Day:
- Continuous Innovation Board presents a future outlook and their vision for the next period.
- Innovation Teams demo the outcomes of their last Six Weeks Innovation Challenge (SWICH) or Scaling Up Experiments, share their learnings and get feedback on their solutions.
- Business Owners present and validate the business value delivered of the last 6 weeks by the running Scaling Up Experiments
- Innovators can pitch their validated idea
- Visitors can get insights in the innovation funnel and change drivers of the company
09.00 – 09.20 Welcome by Continuous Innovation Board (CIB)
- CIB presents its view on strategic themes, technology drivers and business model disruptions and present a vision and ambition for innovation in the next period.
09.20 – 09.30 Presentation of the innovation portfolio by Innovation Coaches
- Present the innovation Portfolio Kanban
- What innovation do we have present in the funnel
- What can we see today at the carrousel
09.30 – 11.30 Innovation Carrousel
- Demos of SWICHs in the Experimentation Phase. These demos are focused on validation of hypotheses.
- Demos of scale up innovations by Business Owners. Business Owners present the business value delivered in the last period by innovations in the Scaling Up and Embedding Phase.
- Innovators can pitch their validated ideas and present their experience and learnings from the Validation Phase. This will stimulate other Innovators to pick up ideas and go through this process as well.
- Visitors can walk around freely among the stands of the Innovation Teams, test solutions, ask questions and give their feedback.
11.30 – 12.00 Closing
- Presentation of the lessons learned from last period by all Innovation Coaches together.
12.00 – 13.00 Networking Lunch